Thursday, January 22, 2009

Another one bites the dust

First of all, can I just say that having a laptop ROCKS! It has done wonders for my blogging motivation and capabilities!

Moving on...

One of my New Year's goals was to join the library (how have we lived here this long without ever going to the library?!) and to actually go. Well, tonight we can cross both of those items off of my list! Our first stop of the evening was to go vote on the English Only amendment that has been so much buzz. Luckily we were in and out in about 10 minutes, and Owen even got an "I voted" sticker! Afterwards, we headed to the Inglewood Library, which hosts a pajama story time once a month. Since I am working during the week and don't get to participate in a whole lot of mommy-and-me-type activities, I am allllll about this special time I can have with Owen. We arrived at the library a little early, so Richie and I had plenty of time to join the library and get our cards! Very exciting! Then, we headed into the story room. We were the first to arrive, and I didn't really know what to expect. Within a few minutes, about 8 other kids arrived. Our librarian, Ms. Nancy, knew each one by name and invited all the children to get a carpet mat and sit near her. She had prepared an agenda for the parents to follow along. We read 3 books, did a hand activity (kind of like sign language set to a story), sang several songs, created a beach-themed art project with crayons and stickers, and then ate Teddy Grahams. Owen was surprisingly well-behaved--or at least as inattentive as most of the other kids. :) Here are some pictures of our fun family night!

Since it has been so cold, our theme for the evening was the beach!

Daddy helped Owen with his sticker and crayon creation

Owen and I put together his giraffe sun visor and then talked about different sea shells on the display table.

1 comment:

No Mommy Brain said...

we'll have to join you one of these nights. we go on wednesday morning and liam loves it. yay, storytime!