Saturday, May 3, 2008

Use your words

It is amazing how much Owen's verbal skills have just exploded over the last several months. He used to shake his head or just say "no" if you offered him food or a toy that he didn't want. Now, he gives us an explanation of why he doesn't want it..."No, I don't like rice." "No, I don't want to eat with a fork." "No, I don't like it...it's too spicy." On the flip side, he is also learning to articulate affirmatives..."Yes, I like Word World." "Yes, mommy, I want juice." "Yes, I like going to Dylan's house." He is also starting to pay compliments. The other night at dinner he said, "Mmm, this is good fish. Thank you, mommy." I said "You're welcome" and happily took all the credit, even though Richie made the meal. After all, I've heard that when your child is engaged in imagination play, you should never correct them. Who am I to argue with that?!

2 comments:

Callie said...

I love reading these snippets. Hutson started saying move yesterday but it's more like "Mooooove" when something or someone is in his way. We're still working on please. I'm sure everyone thinks I have a delightful child. ;)

Courtney said...

What fun!