Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day through the years

2006--My beautiful mother!

2007--someone was NOT feeling cooperative!

2008--He insisted on wearing our hoods together.

What a special day! I spent the morning really savoring some one-on-one time with Owen. We went to the grocery store for milk and diapers, and he was such a good helper! He pushed the buggy back to the lobby and then carried a bag to the car. We met Gwyn and Tom for lunch, which was a little bit of a fiasco. Owen doesn't like sitting in high chairs anymore...he wants to sit in the booth with everyone else. Of course, this led to repeated trips back forth underneath the table. Poor Tom got the worst of it. He would be in the middle of a bite and all of a sudden Owen's head would pop up and he would crawl into Tom's lap or grab him around the shoulders for a prolonged hug. We had a family dinner, thanks to Richie. And now we're listening to Richie and Jeremy play live on Lightning 100.

I generally think holidays can get a little goofy, but I must admit that I do love Mother's Day. I have an amazing mother, and it is a day to really reflect on how lucky I am to have such a wonderful mama. Richie's mother is so wonderful too--we just spent a week with her here in Nashville, and Owen just had a ball. She did such a great job with all 3 of her boys, and I will be over the moon if my sons turn out as loving and compassionate as her sons. And I am also so thankful to have so many friends who are mamas--Maggie, Callie, Holly...just so many beautiful, smart, generous and talented women in my life who inspire me to be a better mama and a better me. They are an amazing support to me, and I'm glad to be on this journey with such loving ladies. My little son has opened up a whole huge, wide world to me. He is the most incredible little being in the universe. I am so proud to be his mother! I'm truly fortunate in every way, and I recognize that especially on Mother's Day. Lots of love to all the mamas in my life!

1 comment:

Callie said...

This is so sweet! You're one amazing mom and I love that we take these life journeys together even if we aren't in the same city.