Friday, February 6, 2009

February fun

February has started off with a bang...Superbowl Sunday, February 1st, was a gorgeous day. I met up with my friend Maggie for a delicious brunch. That afternoon, Richie went golfing with some guy friends, leaving Owen and I to have some mommy-son time. The weather was perfect for some outdoor exercise, so we spent a while before naptime in the backyard playing chase.




One of Owen's teachers at his new preschool decided to attempt to give him a mohawk on Tuesday! You can imagine my surprise when Richie and Owen walked in with this hairdo...

He was really getting a kick out of our reaction to his hair. He told me, "Mommy, I want to see my silly hair!"


Today was National Wear Red day for heart disease awareness. This is the red outfit that Richie pulled together for Owen...


I found these vintage pants for $2.99 at a local thrift shop. Aren't they awesome?! You'll notice the big Sonic cup Owen is holding. Let me explain: This week, we have been sending Owen to preschool wearing big boy underpants with NO pullups over them, and every day he has come home dry! Of course, as soon as he gets here, he has an accident. But Richie wanted to reward him for being such a big boy at school with a vanilla milkshake. Sweet treat for a sweet boy!


On another note, yesterday was our good buddy Liam's 3rd birthday. Here's his blog. Happy Birthday, Liam! We love you!


Oops...not the best picture in the world, but it is the most recent of the two boys that I've got. Check out those coordinating rain boots. It must be a 3 year old thing!



1 comment:

Mark, Genny, and Aivia Lindsey said...

love the boots and the red outfit!! Thrift shops are great aren't they. The seminary has a free one just for seminary students!