Saturday, January 31, 2009

Happy news, sweet boy

Thought I squeeze in one last post for January. We got some great news today...Nana (Richie's grandmother in SC) is in REMISSION for lymphoma! We all got to see her in September, and Owen spent some more time with her in January when he spent a week with Gi Gi and Granddad. He has mentioned Nana and Papa's house lately--in fact, he was talking about Preston, the 'other' Ana (Richie's cousin Anastasia), and Nana and Papa last night during dinner. We are so excited that she is doing so well. We love you, Nana!

Wednesday, Owen's preschool was closed due to a winter weather advisory. By mid-morning, it was obvious that the weather was not going to be as severe as predicted, so Owen and I ventured out to the Inglewood Library for story hour. We met our friends Maggie and Liam there. Owen was definitely not practicing his library etiquette. Although he did fine during story hour, once we went into the main library, he only wanted to run--he actually told me, "Mom, I have to run!"--and play peek-a-boo with Liam. The other library patrons didn't seem to mind too much, but it was really stressing me out, so we called it a day and came home. Although I hated to use a vacation day so early in the year, it was fun to have an unexpected one-on-one day with my boy.

Our Owen is just the sweetest boy. Yes, he loves to run, jump, throw, kick, and wrestle. But he is so tender and affectionate. This morning, Richie and I were in the kitchen discussing our grocery list. Owen asked us to both pick him up. We had a family hug, which Owen has always loved to do. He said, "Thanks, guys!" and then said, "Mommy, you are so sweet." Yep, my heart is now a puddle of goo.

No comments: