Thursday, September 11, 2008

Crafty birthday to you!

This post doesn't necessarily have anything to do with Owen, but I'm posting it anyway...you've been warned!

So a few months ago, I decided to challenge myself to be a better gift giver. Not that there's anything wrong with a thoughtfully purchased CD, sweater, or gift card. I have just set a goal for myself to hand craft the gift, the wrapping, and/or the card for as many gift-giving occasions as possible. I've made some cards recently, but I have just completed my first set of handmade gifts. These will be given to our little friend Ava, whose birthday party is Saturday:

Belt made out of a vintage tie...note to self: thoroughly dust house before
taking pictures of recently completed crafts...

Added the ruffle detail to Ava's cowgirl hat

So there you have it! It may not seem like much, but it feels really good to have started a project and actually FINISHED it! That doesn't happen often enough in my world. Hopefully there will be more to come. Who knows...I might even have to start a blog about crafts. HAHAHAHA! Sheah!

1 comment:

No Mommy Brain said...

alright, you inspired me. let's get crafty!